Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Goodbye Vietnam!

Well our last day in Vietnam and we are just veging around. It's been an eventful and interesting few weeks. Two days ago HCMC had 3 hours of continual rain and the water around our hotel was lapping the top step 30-40 cm from pavement!! Motor bikes were in 40cm of water. today it rained a belting shower but passed on thankfully.

I had a hair cut today and they even get you to lay down at the wash basin on a massage bed and give your head a massage.... Hmmm.... That I could get used to!

We catch plane tonight about 10 pm and then arrive in Sydney at 0930 tomorrow and then catch plane to Adeliade at 12 to arrive home at 1430. I will try an load a few photos on from home for the family OS so you can see the changes in this part of the world. It's back to work next Monday after a weekend in Melbourne to celebrate Simon's 30th birthday.
So its Goodbye Vietnam!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi A & H,
Have a safe trip home, hope you get your luggage through and see you on Friday night!
Love,
Noudaxx

Han said...

Dear Anne& Hugo,
What an adventure. I love the way you write Anne...ever considered a journalist calling!?

Well, I heard from colleagues that we missed you whilst out in the province- no electricity, no internet so sadly I couldnt get in contact, but Im so glad that you enjoyed your time away & see how much the country & Khmer people I love, have touched your heart.

Chat soon.Hope you had safe journey home. Love Hannah