Today we had no visits so went on a walking tour of PP. IT is absolutely boiling hot when you walk, sweat pouring off me and I don't normally perspire much! It really needs to rain and cooled everything off! We went along the river which they ae beautifying so you cannot see anything!! Its been going on for 2 years and they say another 3 yet! A japanese company is doing it too!
Visited the Royal Palace and then Wat Phnom Buddhist temple. I am struggling with all the begging but its been less intrusive than I first thought would happen. We stopped for some lunch and a drink at the infamous Foreign Correspondents Club where Dip Tran met the Journo of the 1976 Killing Field fame. It was so hot that I just wanted to get home and have a swim (Like Feb in Adelaide but humid as well!) Apparently April is the worst month here where even the locals go spare! July is bad enough for us! Anyway I am off for a swim. The locals on the building site sit on the roof and laugh when they see this white Baluga whale get in the water!! At least my girth is bringing someone some mirth!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment